Saturday, September 26, 2009

Why "Fluffy"?

Why "fluffy" and not from "fat" to fit?
Because I already have self-esteem issues and I really liked it when I heard Paula Deen use it to describe herself. She's happy being fluffy. I on the other hand am not, and so I don't mentally beat myself up over the shape I'm in, I will call myself fluffy. I'm not comfortable in my own skin, but I have to accept the fact that this is where I'm at - for now. It didn't come on over night - it's not coming off over night, but I'm making changes.

Now - did I do my walking routine today? No, but I did walk around the mall for a couple hours. Not enough to get my heart rate up, but then again I wasn't sittin' on the couch eatin' bon bons. Not that I ever eat bon bons...anyway - I walked 3 times so far this week - and tomorrow I'm gonna push for the 2 mile walk w/Leslie.
I can squeeze 1 mile in (15 mins) with minor interruption: The 2 yr old wants me to hold him as I'm trying to do my time, I put him down and the 4 yr old is fooling around in the bathroom washing her feet in the sink and then the 2 yr old joins her - only he's washing his hands in the toilet. So I pause my dvd, handle my "minor interruption" and get back to it. 15 mins has now taken me a 1/2 hour. Which is how long the 2 mile is. Hopefully it will only take me 45 mins.!
Nap time you say? To that I say what's nap time? But that's a whole other blog!

Check in w/you later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember all to well what the little ones get themselves into! Keeping up with them should be enough to lose weight, right? Good luck this week. Jenny Chapman( this e-mail is in my husbands name)

April H said...

Go Stacey! I remember all the interruptions... it will get a little easier with time. Just don't beat yourself up, (look whos talking, eh??) I think this will be great motivation for me too, so keep blogging!